Make the most out of your holiday vacation by creating projects at home that actually serve your body and spirit! We curated a list of 5 easy craft ideas for that extra self-care routine you deserve for surviving this year! And by self-care routine, we mean all-organic and natural.
Brown Sugar Scrub
- Combine brown sugar and all the oils in a glass container. Stir well. Store in an air-tight container.
- To use, apply a small amount to hands and then apply to the body in the shower until the sugar dissolves. Rinse with warm water.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 3/4 cup citric acid
- 3/4 cup epsom salts
- 4 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon water in a spray bottle
- 20 drops of lavender, frankincense and chamomile essential oils
- Combine baking soda, citric acid, and epsom salts in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up any clumps and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine fractionated coconut oil and the essential oils.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the baking soda mixture. Add the liquid slowly. If the mixture seems too dry, use the spray bottle to add a bit of water one spray at a time.
- Use a spoon to slowly combine the ingredients. The mixture should resemble wet sand. Add natural food coloring if desired.
- Fill the mold. Press the mixture into the mold tightly.
- Leave out overnight to dry then remove the bombs from the mold.
- Drop in a warm tub and enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 20 drops of peppermint and rosemary
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup dried rose, chamomile, and lavender
- Mix fractionated coconut oil, essential oils and dried flowers in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- To use, slowly dissolve the mixture into the tub of hot water.
- Use up within 2 weeks only
- Add all ingredients to the glass bottle, shake to blend together. Massage onto chest and neck for respiratory support.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 5 tablespoons beeswax, melted
- 15 drops lavender and chamomile
- salve tin cans
- Microwave coconut oil and beeswax in a glass bowl. Stir every 30 seconds or so.
- Add the essential oils
- Stir gently and pour into containers
- Let set for minimum 10 minutes
Share to your friends and loved ones and set yourselves up a relaxing night session before holiday is over. Crafting itself is therapeutic!